Please take a few moments to explore our patient center. You will find useful information, what sets Profection apart from standard care, and frequently asked questions. Thank you for visiting our site.
Why Choose Profection PT?
- Exceptional and consistent one-on-one care
- Easy access to care with no physician’s order needed for the first 30 days
- Conveniently located in a clean, new, modern environment
At Profection you will experience a warm inviting atmosphere in a newly renovated and spacious facility designed with specialized equipment to help you keep moving.
The performance center is equipped with 20 yards of turf, a throwing wall, Keiser pneumatic resistance, and Rogue racks and weights to help maximize your performance and fitness goals. Modern bathrooms and showers are also available for your convenience.
No. In the state of South Carolina, you are allowed to see a physical therapist without a referral from a doctor for 30 days. Many times this saves time and money, and helps you feel better faster. We will recommend you see a physician at times as needed.
Profection Physical Therapy’s IN-NETWORK with the following insurance plans: Blue Cross Blue Shield of SC, Blue Choice, Medicare, and Tricare. When you contact us, we will reach out to your carrier to verify your specific physical therapy coverage. We will then call you to discuss the specifics of your plan and your financial responsibility before you come in. Our goal is for there to be no surprises at your first appointment.
We are out of network with all other providers but we do offer an affordable cash rate. There are no insurance limitations, co-pays, deductibles, or miscellaneous bills needed with the cash pay option. It is the patient’s responsibility to pay for the services rendered with cash, check, credit card, debit card, flexible spending accounts, or health savings accounts.. For the cash pay option, you may, depending on your health insurance, submit a claim to your health insurance company for reimbursement after services are completed. Profection Physical Therapy will gladly complete a reimbursement form for you after your treatment plan is completed, which is necessary for you to submit a claim to your insurance company. Please call us about any questions you may have about your insurance or cash pay options.
Though we have grown through the years, the heart of our business has remained the same. The following are just a few things that make Profection special.
- Strong core values that we will not compromise on with a commitment to providing exceptional one-on-one care to our patients and clients.
- Privately PT owned local business which allows us to do things our own way without the influence of outside corporate interests.
- We hire the best people that will help support you during every step of your rehab journey.
- We are invested in our community where we work, live and play and our passion is returning you back to what you love to do.
- We have a conveniently located, new modern environment for you to feel comfortable during your healing.
- Yourself in comfortable loose clothing that you can move in.
- Your prescription from your doctor if you have one.
- Your photo ID.
- A list of prescription and over-the-counter medications you are currently taking.
- A list of your previous surgeries or hospitalizations.
- X-rays, MRI results or other diagnostic materials for your current condition if you have any available.
- A list of questions you might have for your therapist.
Should I be overly worried about my pain? Pain should not scare you. Pain is simply the body’s way of communicating a deeper underlying problem. The typical approach of going to your physician, resting and taking pain medications is not always the best approach. Don’t rely on ”Dr. Google” and feel doomed that you need surgery or that your pain will lead to a chronic condition. Pain is not normal and should not be accepted.
Your therapist will perform a thorough initial evaluation, which can include testing your mobility, strength, flexibility, balance, coordination and posture. They may also manually test the mobility of your joints and muscles. They will help you determine your goals and develop a treatment plan for you, which often includes some exercises to do at home. This first appointment can last up to an hour, with subsequent appointments lasting about 40-45 minutes. You will continue to be treated one-on-one for the duration of your care. You will likely receive manual therapy techniques, therapeutic exercises, movement analysis, modalities or home instruction at each visit to expedite your healing to meet your specific goals. As your condition improves, your therapist will advance your program as needed
Keep track of what symptoms you are having and what activities make them better or worse. This will help your therapist decide how to treat you.